Common Support Questions
- Visit http://cel.ly/username
- If you are using SMS, text changename to 23559
To change your password from your phone, text password to 23559. You can also login to your Celly account online and change your password here: http://cel.ly/password
If you forgot your password, go here: http://cel.ly/login?a=forgot -- enter your phone # or email address, then click "find my password". You will then receive a text or email with your password.
There are three ways to invite a large group of people to your cell:
- 1. Tell others to join your cell by simply texting the @cellname to 23559. So, if your cell is called History103, you would tell others to join by texting @history103 to 23559.
- 2. Another way to invite people is by giving them a web link to your cell through email, or by posting it on Facebook, Twitter, or an online forum, etc. For instance, if you want to invite others to join Celly News, you would send them this link: http://cel.ly/c/cellynews . If you're the admin or curator of a cell, you can also send a golden ticket link that lets anyone join your private cell instantly. For more info see this guide.
- 3. Send invites from the Celly website: this method works well for inviting a large list of people. Log in to your account on the Celly website, go to the web page for your cell, then click the "members" button. Next, click "invite new members". Enter in the phone numbers, email addresses, and Celly usernames of the people you want to invite then click "invite".
- Go to setting on your Kindle Fire
- Choose “Device” option
- Choose “On” option for “Allow Installation of Applications” from unknown sources
When you send or receive a text from your cell group, you are only charged by your carrier for one text. Thus, you can send one message to multiple people on your cell and it counts as one text. However, we recommend having an unlimited text message plan if you are receiving Celly texts to your phone. This is especially true for large groups. If you are on a limited text plan, you can always send and receive cell messages from the Celly website instead or temporarily turn off SMS texts for any cell.
Yes! You can access Celly using any web browser. In addition to web and SMS, you can also receive email notifications. Create a Celly account without a phone by going here: Celly web sign up - Sign up using your Twitter or Facebook account, phone number, or email address. Also, if you have a smartphone, you can download our iOS app (iPad/iPod/iPad) or Android app: http://cel.ly/app - If you do not want to use SMS texting, there is no need to sign up with your phone number -- use your email address instead.
A cell can only have one admin, but an admin can assign additional curators. Curators have some admin privileges, but not all (see below). Only an admin can edit cell settings, appoint curators, or delete a cell. To add a curator to your group, go to the cell page that you are admin of, then click the "members" button on the right side of the page. On the next page, you can click the "make curator" button located next to a member's username to make that member a curator.
Send direct messages to other Celly users by texting @username msg to 23559. For example, if you want to send a direct message to user Ralph, you could text @ralph hi, how was the game? to 23559. This sends a direct message to Ralph, rather than to the cell group. You can also send direct messages from the Celly website by clicking on a user's avatar picture.
- Username (default) - You decide who can join based on their username.
- Username + description - Same as above but people must provide a short bio for you to read before approval.
- Password - A password must be provided
- Anyone can join - Anyone can join your cell without invitation.
- If someone tries to join your private cell, you need to approve them first. You will get a text like this: "samantha wishes to join @classroom123. txt APPROVE or DECLINE." Once you approve a user, they will automatically join your cell.
- To see a list of cell members, text members to 23559.
- You can also remove cell members, by texting kick cellname username to 23599. Where cellname is you put the name of your cell, for username put the name of the user you want to kick. To let a kicked user rejoin your cell, you have to re-invite them.
- Open chat (default): Everyone can send messages, everyone receives every message.
- Curated chat: You can send out messages to everyone and others can send messages privately to you. You can choose to rebroadcast others messages to the whole group.
- Alert-only: One person pushes out message to everyone else.